Monday, April 15, 2013

10,000 hours

powered by Fotopedia



In his book, "Outliers: The Story of Success," Malcolm Gladwell says, "Ten thousand hours is the magic number of greatness."

"Personally, I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night." -- Thomas Edison

Romantic composer Franz Schubert composed 322 works of music including two symphonies, an opera, and a mass between the ages of 18 and 19, while working as a teacher at his father's school.

Macklemore raps in his song titled 10,000 Hours, "The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint. The greats were great cause they paint a lot."

My point is that we all have dreams. Why not live them out? I know it's true that only I can keep me from being the greatest "FILL IN THE BLANK" that I can be. I know the same is true for you. Put in the work. Put your full reliance in G-d. Live your dreams.

Go public with whatever it is that you do. People won't come find you; take it to them. The composer I mentioned used to host "Schubertaids," which were house parties at which he'd only play his compositions.

I'm about to go write some music. Y'all be real!

No comments:

Post a Comment